Sponsor Links

Saturday, July 16, 2005

I found something horrible out! Changeable though!


I did some work on the weight machine today! I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't do as well as I thought I would! On the bench press, I could only do reps with 80 pounds! This WILL change though! I just need to start a conditioning program! Worse yet, on the sitting bench,(Overhead lift) I could only work out with 50 pounds! This too will change! The only thing I did up to snuff was maxing out the weight on the lateral leg press for 50 reps! It was only 250 pounds though! What sucks is that I used to routinely bench 300+ on reps and overheads as well as 1200 pounds on the Nautilis(TM) Machine leg press doing reps! Of course that was 30 years ago![GRIN] I guess I need to do some work! Of course I do rememberthat I was pretty much debilitated, believe me I couldn't possibly forget! I can tell you though, I'll never go back to that, EVER......PERIOD! I will follow the limits my Doctors set though, as I don't want to undo all the fine work they did on me(at least as close as I can!)! I understand I'm going through a process of recovery here. Well, I gotta run for now, see Y'all Wednesday! For the record, this is an older pic here, I'm about 30 pounds lighter now than when this pic was taken!

9 comments:

Peg said...

Just popping around and spotted your site! Alot in common, you and I have starting with your "about me" statment. Hard to find those who are politically conservative and believe in the "right' to bear arms! Here it really is an oxymoron!
But anyway, I also am a writer working on breaking into the children's literature field although I love writing poetry.
WEll, it was nice to meet you.
Stop by sometime and check out my place. ;-)
Peg

Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas it's B @ Wcc was showing your site to my daughter she thought it would be interesting to have a before and now picture. You are doing such a greaat job keep it up

Unknown said...

Hi, and thanks Peg! Nice of you to drop by! Now to B@Wcc! Hi gal! Glad you finally posted! Feel free to post, email or even just call me! C ya later!

Unknown said...

By the way, B@, I'll be posting one of my ST Vincent picsa in September from when I was still in a wheelchair as soon as I can get a copy of it!

Tom said...

Babysteps man.
Good to see your not forgetting about weightlifting too. That way when the fats gone you've got some muscle tone. Not like that dumb guy Gerald from subway. What's his deal anyway? Anybody ever see him in a short sleeve shirt?

I'm curious, how old are you?
I'm 40.

seeya
Tommy

Unknown said...

I'm 45! Yup, older than dirt(At least according to my nephews and nieces!) I rode dinosaurs to school in blizzards uphill both ways![GRIN] Yeah, I know about Baby steps Tom! I was just shocked as to how far down my physical problems took this Ol' carcass! I'll get it back! How's the knee? You got your brace back on? See ya my friend!

Peg said...

Golly gee, you're old at 45? Well then I am in the grave!! Young my friend, young at 45!
Thanks for popping in! And thank you for your comment about my work! Have just found out I have been scammed by a literary agency so your compliment to me couldn't have come at a better time!
The bloggers of this world are so compassionate and just seem to know how to lift one another!
Thank you, and you are a very brave soul!
Hope to see you soon as I know I will return here often!
all my love,
Peg

Unknown said...

Not true, Peg; I saw your picture![GRIN!]If you're a corpse, you're a fine looking one!

Anonymous said...

Good picture, Tom. Muscle shirt looks great. Now you look all of your 6"3" height. I am so proud of you - you really are an amazing man and under all that fat you are a very handsome man as well.

Big Momma

My Video Archive

Our Clydesdale and Athena Cyclists

Search Resources

Google
 

Digix Consulting's Cranky T's

Powered By Blogger

Cardinal Greenway

Cardinal Greenway
What a day to ride!

Tools and associated sites of Mine

Labels