Sponsor Links

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Spinner Saturday

Spinner Saturday

Welcome to our first November Spinner Saturday for the year. You might think that as the year slips into Winter, the riding miles are naturally going to go down. This doesn't have to be the case! There are several alternatives.


First is just ride year around. This requires cold weather riding clothes and good sweat management. It is extremely important to avoid getting soaked with sweat riding in frigid air. You have to dress in layers and avoid cotton at all cost. Wool and synthetics are the way to go. Underarmor is one of the best routes, or one of the cheaper alternatives. Synthetic fleece a good alternative for the midlayer, and windproof and water resistant top layers are critical. Don't overdress, just wear sufficient clothing to stay warm. Have a way to vent excess heat, like quarter zip fleece midlayers and jerseys. For the feet......one word! Wool, wool and wool/ synthetic blends have it all over cotton! Wool will keep you warm, even if it gets wet! Another alternative is Seal socks. These are waterproof, with a gortex layer. Neoprene shoe covers also help.


OK, on to our week! Mrs Stormcrowe has 92 miles and I have 156 miles for the week. Let's hear yours!


The Survey in the last post

As you read through the survey I posted in my last post, you may have thought the answer phrasing was unnecessarily harsh. Granted, it was harsh, but reality is seldom pleasant. The issues concerning weight and it's effects on our bodies are harsh as well. I gave myself this self assessment before I decided to go through the surgery. It truly opened my eyes to what I was doing to myself, health wise. As you take this survey below, remember, I assessed myself by these same standards to break through any trace of denial that I was facing serious health issues.


So you can better understand my dilemma, see this video. Many of you have seen it before, but there are many who didn't. It's called my Video Journal. You can see the transformation from somebody literally dying from weight to a fairly healthy person. I'm not all the way back yet, but I'm well on my way!

3 comments:

Christa said...

I made it from the couch to the bathroom and back again today....does that count? LOL

Unknown said...

Christa, considering what you've been through, yeppers! It certainly does! Great to see you blogwalking.

Peg said...

Hi T!! I too, have been swamped...finally got the house cleaned and it was a mess...laundry is piled but am weeding through it!
School on the other hand is going well. I am now making alot of my own tests seeing as how I disagree with what the curriculum thinks is important. ;-0}
I did not have anyone flunking the first quarter so it either says they are listening or my tests are too easy...hehehe
Will catch up with you soon and we will have a long pow wow!!
Looked at your survey by the way, intersting to say the least!
Talk to you soon, heading to bed...take care, Peg

My Video Archive

Our Clydesdale and Athena Cyclists

Search Resources

Google
 

Digix Consulting's Cranky T's

Powered By Blogger

Cardinal Greenway

Cardinal Greenway
What a day to ride!

Tools and associated sites of Mine

Labels